- Capital : Singapore
- Dialing code : +65
- Currency : SGD
- Population : 5.30 Million (Census 2012)
- Official languages: : English, Malay, Chinese, Tamil
- Government : Unitary state, Constitutional republic
- National Animal : Lion
- National Bird : Crimson
- National Flower : Orchids
Singapore’s English name is derived from a Malay word ‘Singapura’ which means ‘Lion City’ in Sanskrit. It is also known as a garden city because of its lush green landscapes making it look more like a garden. It is formed by 63 Islands. The city is extremely modernized making it so urban that only a very little rain-forest is remaining. To solve this issue, new land is created for further development.
This wonderful city is also famous for its own language that is Singlish- the combination of words from English, Malay and other local Singaporean languages. The mostly followed religion in Singapore is Buddhism. However, other religions are also prevalent like Christianity, Islam, Taoism, Hinduism.
The Changi airport is the main airport in Singapore and has also received a lot of awards for being the best airport in the world. It is built on a 13 square kilometers area that was reclaimed from the sea.
It has a tropical weather though out the year which means that there is no summer, winter, spring, autumn or winter in Singapore.
COLLEGES/ INSTITUTIONS IN SINGAPORE
- Bradford Rex College
- Coleman College
- Dimensions International College
- AllSpice Institute
- AEC College
- Addison Institute
- American Centre of Education
- Auston institute of Management
- BMC International College
- Camford International College
- Curtin Education Centre
- ERC Institute
- Elite International College
- FTMS Global Academy
- PSB ACADEMY
- Global Indian International School etc…….
The fees structure of the courses available in Singapore is in the range of SGD 5400 to 12000 p.a. The whole fees is to be paid after the granting of visa.
- Filled out and signed Singapore student visa application form filled in Capital Letters.
- Original Passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity.
- 2 passport size photographs.
- All educational credentials from 10th onward.
- The enrollment letter from the school or college or university in Singapore.
- Funds should be shown for at least Rs.13- Rs.15 Lacs in the family name along with Income tax returns for the last 3 years of the sponsor’s.
- If there is a gap in studies, then there must be adequate work experience filling the gap.
STUDENT WORKING RIGHTS
Students are not allowed to work for the first 6 months after landing in the country and starting the course. He/she will be entitled to work only after 6 months of course duration. The work duration will completely depend upon the course and university selected.
Disclaimer : We have provided the details according to the best of our knowledge and prevailing norms of the country, which are subject to changes from time to time.