Dialing code : +357
Currency : Euro
Schengen area :Not a member of Schengen
Population :1.117 million (2011)
Official languages :Greek Language, Turkish Language Government Unitary state, Constitutional republic, Presidential system
Main Foreign Languages : English, French & German
National Bird :Cyprus Warbler
Being a crossing terminal between Europe, Asia & Africa since the ancient era- Cyprus still reveals many traces of these civilizations including roman theaters, byzantine monasteries, ottoman mosques and many pre-historic habitats.
The main economic activities performed by Cyprus are tourism, traditional craft exports, clothing exports, pottery, exclusive copper work that cannot be found anywhere else. Many traditional local dishes have also become a source of income and helping many households and businesses in Cyprus. It is also well known as the island of Aphrodite – the goddess of love and beauty, who was born here according to the local legend.
WE REPRESENT THE FOLLOWING UNIVERSITIES / COLLEGES/ INSTITUTIONS IN CYPRUS
- UNIVERSITY OF NICOSIA
- CTL EURO COLLEGE
- AMERICAN COLLEGE
- LARNACA COLLEGE
- CASA COLLEGE
- KES COLLEGE
- CYPRUS COLLEGE
The fee structure of Cyprus ranges from EURO 3500 TO EURO 6000 per annum. The candidate has to pay the application fee of the college or university in advance which is EURO 150 TO EURO 250.
- Embassy fees is EURO 60.
- Copy of your passport duly attested by the MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS has to be submitted, provided that the passport is valid for at least another 2 years.
- Bank statement of around 6 to 7 lacs printed on the bank letter head with a specific wording and format.
- Medical certificate from a renowned and registered hospital, according to the embassy specification.
- PCC (police clearance certificate) from the local Passport office that should be valid for at least 6 months.
- All these documents must be attested by Ministry of External affairs and the Appostill attestation is compulsory.
- All the original documents and not the copies have to be submitted in the embassy when the applicant would be called for an interview.
- To collect the visa stamped passport, the applicant has to show the offer letter and receipt of the payment of fee provided by the college or university.
- EURO 2000 has to be carried by the student which will be checked at the airport.
The Cyprus High Commission Address :
D64, Malcha Marg, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi – 110021
STUDENT WORKING RIGHTS
The students studying a full time course are allowed to work 20 hours per week during the course and full time during the holidays.
We have provided the detailed information according to the best of our knowledge and prevailing norms of the country, which are subject to changes from time to time.
For more detailed information, Please visit: www.mfa.gov.cy