INTRODUCTION TO CELPIP
CELPIP is a completely computerized test, used for Canada immigration purposes. This test is designated by IRCC (Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada). This test is basically a proof for a person to prove his/her level of efficiency in English language. This test also measures one’s level in English language by testing the 4 different modules of English i.e. Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
WHY CELPIP ?
- In this test you have an option in CELPIP-General test(all 4 modules)(for Canada PR) and CELPIP-General LS Test(only listening and speaking)(for Canadian Citizenship). So, you can choose according to your requirement.
- No more issues of bad handwriting as you don’t need to use a pen or a pencil. Just keyboard !
- Your whole test is conducted in 1 day only, so no extra test sitting for speaking module.
- No, human interaction. Your whole test will be computerized & even for speaking you will be provided with a microphone to record and upload your voice.
- Quick results- the test takes place on every Friday, Saturday and Sunday of any month and you can get the result within 8 working days.
*However, if you opt for an express testing system under CELPIP by paying a little extra fees you can get your result within 5 working days.
This test is available at more than 60 locations around the world. You can easily book the test even 1 day prior to the test date if there is a seat available in the test centre. The booking of a test centre closes either one day before the exam date or when there is no seat available left in that particular centre.
CELPIP General Test
This test is for candidates who want to apply for Permanent Residency in Canada.
The fees in India is Rs.10,845 as of today in 2019 which may change in future as per the norms of the testing authority and the Canadian Dollar exchange rate.
CELPIP General LS Test
This test is for applicants applying for Canadian Citizenship and are already living in Canada. The fees for this test completely depends on the location of a candidate in Canada and his/her profile.