Canada Visa Consultants
Canada Immigration Consultants
SDS (STUDY DIRECT STREAM) SYSTEM. Currently 3 types of visas are granted for studying in Canada to international students.
- SDS System
- University System
- Non-SDS system
FEATURES AND RULES OF SDS PROGRAM CANADA FOR INDIA There are certain rules for an Indian applicant to apply under SDS program to study in Canada.
- If a student wants to go for an Undergraduate course in Canada then you must have at least 6 bands in each module of IELTS test.
- If you want to go for a postgraduate course in Canada then you must have at least 6.5 bands overall in IELTS with not less than 6 in any module.
- Candidate would need a medical examination that is done at least 1 week before the date of submission of the application.
- This program is launched with the support of ICICI Bank and Scotia bank.
- Study direct streamline has made the whole process quicker for Indian students.
- Systematic visa processing for all SDS colleges & institutions.
- Students must show the payment receipt of the tuition fees paid for at least 1 year.
- SDS program requires very less documentation process as compared to other processes.
- To cover all the living expenses of the students for 1 year a GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate) of $10,000 from Scotia bank / ICICI is needed.
- This program by CIC will act as an alternative of SPP for aspiring students in India.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDENT DIRECT STREAM (SDS) PROGRAM
Following are the benefits under SDS system:
- Faster and hassle free visa process for all the institutions under SDS system.
- Less financial documentation.
- Less visa processing time.
Throughout the year there are 3 intakes that a student can opt for:
- Fall Intake–(Begins in September )
- Winter Intake–(Begins in January )
- Summer Intake–(Begins in May )
However, the admission goes on throughout the year in all the colleges under SDS program. The major intake here is the one in September, followed by January and May intake.
Some institutions have completely waived off the application fee. However, some may have it up to 200 Canadian dollars. The admission procedure takes 4 days to 2 months, depending upon the college and university.
Below is the list of documents required for admission in any college or university in Canada:
- Bachelors/Masters – singular mark sheets
- Consolidated/Provisional/Degree/Course Completion
- IELTS/TOFEL/ PTE and GRE/GMAT Xerox duplicates with attestation
- Statement of Purpose
- Experience Letter (if any/if required)
- Passport Xerox
- Extra-curricular Certificates (if any)
- Passport size Photo
SDS VISA PROCESSING & REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
Below are the SDS visa processing and Requirements for Indian Students:
- Minimum IELTS Score for this Visa must be at least 6 bands in all the 4 modules for Under Graduate courses & 6.5 bands overall with not less than 6 in any module for Post Graduate courses.
- First year’s Full tuition fees should be paid in an advance by the student.
- Educational Institutions must have a registered Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) number.
- GIC of $10,000 will be compulsory to buy.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SDS VISA APPLICATION
- Copy of your Acceptance letter from a designated learning institution
- Copy of your upfront medical exam confirmation document
- Proof that you have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000
- Proof that you’ve paid the tuition fees for your first year of study
- Proof that you graduated from a Canadian curriculum high school or a language test form showing a score of at least 6 /6.5 for English (IELTS).
WHY STUDY IN CANADA?
The Canadian education system is recognized throughout the globe making it the most popular and efficient educational system in the world. A degree, diploma or a certificate from a Canadian institute is considered to be all inclusive as it is exactly identical to those from The United States and other Commonwealth nations.
WORK OPPORTUNITIES IN CANADA:
International students who have earned a degree from a Canadian educational institute has the chance to avail a work permit of at least 1 year to 3 years after studies, depending upon the nature of studies that he/she completed in Canada. However, there is no work permit after studies for students studying in non-SDS colleges and universities.
CANADA STUDY VISA
You need following documents before you apply for Study visa of Canada.
- Application form (2 passport size photographs affixed)
- Personal Information sheet
- Student Questionnaire Form
- Letter of Acceptance from Canadian Educational Institutions
- Use of a representative shape
- Copy of All academic documents with mark sheets
- IELTS/TOEFL score card (taken within last 24 months)
- Financial Documents (Proof of payment of Tuition fees for 1 year + $10,000 as living expense for 12 months under GIC)
Processing time for student visa under SDS system is from 15 to 30 days after receiving the initial response.
Click here for Visa application photograph specifications :-